And he just signed a mammoth five-year, 11-fight deal with DAZN worth a reported $365 million - the biggest athlete deal in sports history, surpassing Major League Baseball slugger Giancarlo Stanton's 13-year, $325 million contract in 2014.
It will offer fans a monthly subscription service to watch the fights rather than having to pay hefty pay-per-view fees. "I can't say what's going on on Khabib's end, but on my end we can make it happen".
The 28-year-old Alvarez, who holds both the WBA and WBC middleweight crowns, is coming off a victory in his rematch Gennady Golovkin last month, which netted him around $50 million.
The contract with DAZN is the largest contract ever for a sportsman, greater than the 13-year, $325 million agreement that New York Yankees hitter Giancarlo Stanton signed in 2014 to move from the Miami Marlins.
Floyd then implored his fans on social media to "leave the most disrespectful caption you can think of" about Oscar.
De La Hoya is expected to announce the deal at Wednesday's press conference in NY to promote Alvarez's December 15 return at New York's Madison Square Garden when he moves up in weight to challenge secondary WBA super middleweight titleholder Rocky Fielding in the first bout of his new DAZN deal.
With a playful grin on his face, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez repeatedly waved hello to his infant daughter and gestured for her to join him on stage during his press conference Wednesday to announce his December 15 fight against Rocky Fielding. "But I always want to take on challenges, and I am very happy my fans will be able to see me fight at a small cost".
The deal also dictates that Golden Boy put on ten "high-calibre" fight nights per year that will stream on DAZN from 2019.
"I was never anxious because I'm very confident in myself", he said. "Forget about what the price is, the amount of money that we're making".
Alvarez said he has confidence DAZN will succeed.