FILE PHOTO: Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford poses next to a 1965 Ford Mustang GT during the 100 year celebration of the Ford River Rouge Complex in Dearborn, Michigan U.S. September 27, 2018.
It is likely that they will take part in a joint working group on the case, whose creation was announced Thursday by Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin following a request by Saudi Arabia.
But the President all but ruled out cancelling US$110 billion in USA arms sales to Saudi Arabia, arguing that doing so would be "very foolish for our country" and only end up harming USA defence industries and others.
As Saudi Arabia warned of possible economic retaliation of its own, Sens.
But, he adds, that "cannot supersede our commitment to human rights".
The Washington Post reported in recent days that the Turkish government informed US officials it was in possession of video recordings that prove Khashoggi was killed inside the consulate, but have not made them public.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade also said that as far as it was aware, no government officials had planned to go to the event.
Larry Kudlow, director of the White House National Economic Council, said Sunday that Mr. Mnuchin still plans to attend the conference, which he described as a meeting on stopping terrorist financing.
On Saturday, US President Donald Trump vowed "severe punishment" for the Saudis if evidence arises proving they had a role in Khashoggi's disappearance, though he said he would not stop billion-dollar arms sales to Riyadh. Media reports say the men were in the consulate when Khashoggi was there.
The Saudis themselves are warning they'll respond to any "threats" against the kingdom.
But the worldwide response to the apparent killing of the Washington Post columnist has so far largely centred on a partial boycott of Saudi Arabia's Future Investment Initiative conference which is due to be held in Riyadh next week and which has become a litmus test for the strength of feeling over Khashoggi's suspected killing.
Aldakhil added that Saudi arms purchases from the USA and other trade could be at risk as well.
A group of 15 Saudi men is reported to have flown into Istanbul the day that Khashoggi went to the consulate.
"We encourage joint Saudi-Turkish efforts in that regard, and expect the Saudi government to provide a completely and detailed response".
The NTV channel said the delegation is composed of 11 people and had on Friday inspected the consulate in Istanbul.
If Turkey's accounting of the incident is true, Prince Mohammed would have to trust that not only Turkey but also the US are so reluctant to call him to task that they'd help him dodge the allegations, said Soner Cagaptay, director of the Turkish Research Program at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
Saudi Arabia insists Khashoggi left the building safely and dismissed accusations that authorities had ordered his murder by a hit squad as "lies and baseless allegations".
Also, anti-Saudi sentiment in the US Congress could conceivably raise pressure to pass the so-called No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act, which would end sovereign immunity shielding OPEC members from US legal action.
In disgust over Khashoggi's disappearance, some business leaders have pulled out of an investment conference later this month in Saudi Arabia.
Trump pledged unspecified "severe punishment" in a "60 Minutes" interview airing Sunday should the US determine Saudi involvement in the disappearance of Khashoggi, who had written columns critical of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.