Hero pup saves owner from rattlesnake bite in Arizona

The bite to the cheek caused Todd's face to swell dramatically but he is expected to recover

The bite to the cheek caused Todd's face to swell dramatically but he is expected to recover

A dog that was out on a walk in the Anthem, Arizona, desert area is recovering after being bitten by a rattlesnake Friday morning.

Upon closer inspection of the viral picture, it's clear that Todd has a bandage above his right, front paw, as it looks like he is hooked up to an IV.

But it was her golden retriever "Todd" to the rescue!

In a Facebook post, Godwin hailed Todd "a hero" alongside images of the puppy with a swollen face as a result of the snake's venom.

For Paula Godwin, she found out that her pup, Todd, was willing to go that extra mile to keep her safe.

Heroes come in all shapes, sizes and species, as proven by Todd the Golden Retriever.

I'm literally looking at mine as I type this and wondering if he knows just how many times a day he makes me smile and laugh, usually by doing something unthinkably cute for the former and unspeakably stupid for the latter. Fortunately, Todd has been healing very quickly, and the swelling is rapidly going down.

According to AZ Family, Paula Goodwin was walking with her dogs in Anthem when she nearly stepped on a rattlesnake.

He leaped in between his owner and the snake that was about to strike.

"Thank you for all the sweet kind words my sweet Todd for sure is my hero and I feel I have to say that the man upstairs surely is watching out for me to". It was a handsome morning but as we.

She also thanked concerned followers, writing, "Your kindness and support is truly a blessing".

At less than a year old, fearless Todd jumped on and tried to tackle the snake before it hit his momma Paula.

Latest News