Conor McGregor Was 'Causing Trouble' in Hotel Room After Jail Release

New York Police hunting MMA star Conor McGregor following attack

Conor McGregor involved in chaotic backstage melee ahead of UFC 223

McGregor's boorish behaviour got him tossed in jail, facing felony charges in a NY courtroom and, on a less serious note, led to UFC scrapping three fights on the UFC 223 card.

He punched a number of the bus's windows, yelling "Get out!" and at one point he commanded his group to "Smash the windows!"

The UFC released new video Saturday of Conor McGregor's meltdown Thursday at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

Members of McGregor's team were barred from entering the building during the event.

UFC's statement also alleges featherweight fighter Artem Lobov was in McGregor's entourage during the attack. You want to grab 30 f*cking friends, come down here, and do what you did today? We're talking about a guy who has a baby.

But UFC President Dana White said it's no excuse. The exact reason for his shocking attack is now unknown, but is believed to possibly be related to a feud between Artem Lobov (McGregor's friend) and Khabib Nurmagomedov. "It's disgusting. And I don't think anybody is going to be huge Conor McGregor fans after this". The victor of the Nurmagomedov fight will be awarded the vacant title, much to McGregor's chagrin.

This news was not taken well by McGregor, the previous permanent holder of that title.

McGregor hasn't competed in MMA since 2016 (he's gotten insanely rich since then; remember last year's fight with Floyd Mayweather?) and it was recently announced he would be stripped of his lightweight title on account of inactivity. McGregor responded on Twitter not long after with a profane tweet that said, in part, you will "strip me of nothing". Tony Ferguson stepped in to win an interim lightweight belt in McGregor's absence.

"Conor McGregor was a guy that people looked up to - yes he was cocky, yes he was brash - but he would do things he said he would do, but he never did anything like this".

Despite the three bout cancellations, "UFC 223 will proceed ... with 10 bouts", the UFC said.

Later that day, McGregor appeared in court in NY where he was told he would be allowed to fly back to his home in Ireland ahead of his next appearance on June 14.

"Obviously, the big question everybody's been asking me is, 'Are you firing Conor McGregor?'" White told ESPN. Attar said McGregor is looking forward to fighting as soon as possible.

That was before Thursday's events, which figure to forever change McGregor's relationship with UFC.

Latest News