UFC star McGregor released on $50K bond amid criminal charges

ConorMcGregor- cropped

UFC star Conor Mc Gregor

Due to the disturbance, three scheduled fights had to be cancelled in the Barclays Centre. His bail was set at $50,000 during his arraignment hearing Friday in Brooklyn Criminal Court, although he reportedly will be allowed to travel home to Ireland in the wake of his arrest and charges related to the alleged attack.

White said he's been in touch via text message with McGregor, who told him he's sorry innocent people got hurt but isn't apologetic about addressing the beef. McGregor will have to check in with Judelson once a week, the bondsman said.

The intense video shot from inside a bus carrying fighters for Saturday's UFC 223 event showed McGregor hurling a hand truck at the windows.

Security arrived early to the Barclays Center before the fight. Treated and released at Methodist Hospital. Fellow MMA fighter Cian Cowley, 25, was hit with one count of assault and one count of criminal mischief.

CNN could not immediately reach representatives for McGregor or Cowley for comment. Multiple videos of this attack were taken and McGregor can be seen breaking a window of one of the buses with a dolly.

The bus attack is just one issue clouding Saturday night's events. Later on Friday, UFC tabbed Al Iaquinta to step into the main event. He took to Twitter to address the "rumor and misinformation" that is going around. The Dubliner apparently told White, last year, that he wanted to take on Nurmagomedov in Russian Federation upon his UFC return.

Fan footage emerged during the event claiming that McGregor was watching UFC 223 from the stands, and people are convinced that it's him. To his mind, it could be a year before "The Notorious" gets his life back together, and that is before one considers the prospect of potential jail time. Attar said McGregor is looking forward to fighting as soon as possible.

"In the history of the UFC, this is definitely the worst thing that has happened", UFC president Dana White said.

McGregor's meltdown left UFC fighter Mike Chiesa with cuts to the face, and landed the famed Irish combatant in Brooklyn's 78th precinct.

"The organization deems today's disruption completely unacceptable and is now working on the consequences that will follow", UFC said in a statement.

Other passengers, including a team of UFC contenders appear to be shaken up by the attack, with McGregor and his friends fleeing from the scene.

The fight that included Lobov was scratched due to Lobov's involvement with the barrage.

Despite the lineup shuffles, "UFC 223 will proceed. with 10 bouts", the UFC said. McGregor hasn't fought for UFC since November 2016 and was stripped this week of the 155-pound championship he had never defended. He made the biggest payday of his career in a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather in August and has not fought since.

Latest News