A Saudi oil tanker was targeted by the Iran-aligned Houthi movement on Tuesday afternoon local time off Yemen's port of Hodeidah, sustaining minor damages and completing its course north, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya reported, citing the Arab coalition that is fighting the Houthis in Yemen.
Turki Al-Malki, spokesman of the coalition, said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency that the tanker came under attack at around 1.30 p.m. on the global waters, west of the port of Hodeidah, which is under the control of armed Houthi militias.
Saudi Arabia and its allies shut down the country's land, sea and air borders previous year in response to a missile attack by the Huthis that was intercepted near Riyadh.
Houthi rebels have fired or claimed to have fired many missiles on Saudi Arabia since then, but they have caused little damage, and many of those missiles have been intercepted by the Saudi military.
He said the missile was meant to cause civilian casualties, violating United Nations resolutions and an attempt at disrupting Saudi Arabia's security.
The Emiratis contracted Wikistrat, an Israeli company founded in 2010, in the lead up to the Saudi-led coalition intervention after Houthi rebels overran the capital and other major cities across the country, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Al-Malki suggested Iran had a hand in Tuesday's attack, repeating Saudi allegations that Tehran is arming the Houthis.
The United Nations Secretary-General has called for both sides in the Yemen conflict to come to a political agreement to end a war that has now entered its fourth year.
Over 10,000 civilians have died since 2011, and more than 22 million people - 80 per cent of the population - need humanitarian assistance.
Speaking in a press conference in Geneva following the conference held to discuss the crisis in Yemen, Guterres said the donor countries pledged more than $2 billion at the conference, showing nearly a 50-percent rise from last year's conference, which had raised $1.1 billion for humanitarian action in Yemen.
It includes $930 million from Saudi Arabia and the UAE which lead the coalition airstrikes. "I urge all parties to engage with my new Special Envoy, Martin Griffiths, without delay", Guterres said.