The Saudi-led Arab coalition in Yemen said on the evening of November 1that it is investigating accusations its forces targeted a popular market in northern Yemen's Houthi-held Saada province, allegedly killing at least 29 people, the state-run Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
The attack hit a market and hotel in Saada. Al-Ezi is head of health directorate of Saada, a stronghold of Iran-backed Shiite rebels known as Houthis.
It reported a toll of 21 killed and nine wounded, all of them civilians, AFP reported.
The conflict escalated in 2015 when Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies launched a massive air campaign aimed at rolling back Houthi military gains and shoring up Yemen's pro-Saudi government.
According to a Houthi-run news agency, Sabaa, all the victims were civilians.
"Saudi Arabia is after compensating its failures in political and field arenas with such violent actions against civilians and innocent people of Yemen", asserted the Iranian diplomat after offering sympathies to the bereaved families and the Yemeni nation.
Last month, the United Nations blacklisted the coalition for infanticide during its war on Yemen.
In the statement released on Wednesday, the movement referred to the role of Saudi petro dollars in the silence of the global community and the UN on the crimes committed by the coalition in Yemen, and said the United Nations and the worldwide community are responsible for the continuation of the massacre of Yemeni people, Al Manar news network reported.
According to the United Nations, more than 10,000 people have been killed in the conflict.