Eric Bolling: 'Beyond Inappropriate' For O'Reilly To Mention My Son's Death

Fox News

Fox News

Former Fox News Channel star Bill O'Reilly shared handwritten letters by Megyn Kelly on Monday touting his character shortly after she used her television show to besmirch it.

However, he later apologized to Eric Sr. for his remark about his dead son.

"And of course, former Fox News pundit and scrotum who wished to be a real boy, Bill O'Reilly".

Bolling says, "I believe it is beyond inappropriate for anyone to bring in the tragic death of my son Eric Chase Bolling Jr". "You have to understand how much pain this brings children, and I thought I could spare my children that, and I'd do anything for my children, anything to protect them. He's dead because of allegations made - in my opinion and I know this to be true - against Mr. Bolling", O'Reilly said.

Fox News fired O'Reilly in April.He had reigned as the top-rated host on cable news for years, weeks after the Times reported on settlements that he, Fox News and the network's parent company 21st Century Fox - together or separately - had made with women who had accused him of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior.

Bolling then points out that, unlike O'Reilly, who was sacked over the revelations of all those sexual harassment settlements, he "parted ways with Fox News in an amicable way and any reference to a firing is flatly wrong".

Monday night, in his No Spin News webcast available to premium subscribers on his website, O'Reilly continued to fight the allegations against him, even going so far as to criticize God.

In what he said to the Times' about Bolling's son, O'Reilly clearly expected to find an understanding ally in his former Fox colleague.

Or at least, Bolling is no longer mad at O'Reilly, according to a Twitter exchange the two had late Monday afternoon. Furthermore, the Times said, Fox was aware of the settlement but chose to renew O'Reilly's contract in February, granting him a four-year extension that paid $25 million a year.

Bolling, who was sacked by Fox after an investigation into claims of sexual harassment, responded that it was "beyond inappropriate" for O'Reilly to bring up the death of his son, adding that "my parting from Fox News was in no way connected to the tragic news of my son's passing". "The coroner has in fact indicated to us that that they believe it was an accident". "I wish this stuff didn't happen". Yeah, I'm mad at him.

Latest News