Eighteen-year-old Ahmed Hassan is appearing at Westminter Magistrates Court, London, at 13:00 GMT on Friday, charged in relation to the Parsons Green terrorist attack on September 15, the Metropolitan Police has said.
London's police chief says the bomb that failed to fully detonate last week in a London subway vehicle was loaded with explosives and shrapnel.
He is also accused of having "maliciously caused by triacetone triperoxide (TATP) or other explosive substance and explosion of a nature likely to endanger life or to cause serious injury to property".
She said the device only "partially detonated" when it left around 30 people with burn wounds in the latest terror attack on London.
The 18-year-old was the first person arrested after a home-made bomb partially detonated on an underground train at London's Parsons Green station last Friday.
Commander Dean Haydon, head of the Met Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We anticipate that the searches will take some days to complete and may cause further disruption".
Thirty people were injured by the partial detonation, which sparked a massive hunt for the perpetrators.
In an interview with LBC radio on Friday morning, Dick said: "That was a very, very unsafe bomb". The raid comes after the arrest of an 18-year-old man in Dover earlier on Saturday who is understood to be the suspected bomber. The attack was claimed by the Islamic State extremist group.
Authorities say two of the six men arrested over the bombing were released Thursday without being charged.