Jurgen Klopp has said he is happy with Liverpool's current defensive options and will not "force" it if they can not land their priority targets.
We round up the latest Liverpool transfers rumours from around the British and European press on Monday, August 7. We can not force the things and we would never get a centre back 'just because'.
The Mirror wasted no time in bigging up Chelsea's chances with intentions of £60m bids floated into the Internet wasteland.
Liverpool are yet to bolster the middle of their back line in the transfer window but Klopp insists he is happy with his quartet of options in Dejan Lovren, Joel Matip, Ragnar Klavan and Joe Gomez, while the wait for a development over Van Dijk goes on. Then you win a prize!
The Netherlands worldwide escalated his bid to leave the south-coast club after discovering he was being fined two weeks' wages as a disciplinary sanction. Southampton defender says he has handed in a transfer request to leave the English Premier League club, expressing frustration that interest from "multiple top clubs have been consistently rebuffed".
Advocaat seems to have no problems with the actions of his global centre-back. I don't think we need more.
The 26-year-old also described any suggestions that he had refused to train as untrue and "insulting" and claimed he had been open and honest in informing Pellegrino that he did not feel he was in a "settled mindset".
"However, the time for me to move on is now and I hope to be able to work with the club to find the best resolution to suit all parties".
"What I said is the truth", he said. "You saw it. He has matured 100 percent".